When you need motivation for getting going on your photo project, music can be extremely inspiring. One of my favorite songs about memories is by Bon Jovi . . . (Okay, it is a bit romantic, but he sings about photos!!!!)
WATCH You Want to Make A Memory Video
SWITCHING GEARS FROM PHOTOS TO MUSIC
There is a lot of music that I love listening to while working on things that have taken me a while to get to. I am switching gears for this blog from organizing photos to talk about your music collection. Why in the world would I do that?
- Music matters too! It inspires, sets the mood and brings back many memories. (Calling the 80s – my childhood & Uptown Girl!)
- Pixologie has connected with Murfie – an online music collection and store. Murfie is a partner of the Association of Personal Photo Organizers which is important to us – because it tells us that Murfie understands the significance of photos and memories and what we do.
- Murfie is a fellow Wisconsin business – located in Madison just an hour and a half from our Pixologie Studio in Oak Creek, WI. We had to go check them out especially when Tyler Stubbe, long time Murfie employee, told us they have over half a million CDs in their warehouse of music.
MY TOUR AT MURFIE HEADQUARTERS
Here’s what I learned during my tour in Madison. You can:
- Stream your CD and vinyl collection eliminating the need to store hundreds and hundreds of old CD cases in your home
- Sell your CDs and vinyl records in a personal shop
- Purchase CDs (digitally from other Murfie members – you are buying a physical CD that Murfie stores for you.)
- Download CD files to add to iTunes and other music playing software
- Trade albums with other members
- Add albums to your Wishlist, choose a price, Autobuy and much more
Okay – I couldn’t resist taking some fun photos of the Murfie team.
The Murfie team let me ship my classic music collection in to try their services out. I loved it – thought it was supercool to hear MY music over the internet. (Literally, I was playing my CD – Murfie copies EVERY single CD that is shipped to them – per their obligations to the music industry.)
And. . . I loved to see that I could very easily sell my CDs also. And. . . I found Bon Jovi’s Lost Highway album for $3.00 – which has my very favorite “Let’s Make a Memory” song on it.
So – it’s a THUMBS UP for our fellow Wisconsin business – Murfie Music!!!
If you are interested in Murfie, here’s a discount code for you! Send your music collection in and use discount code: PIXMSN1 for 10% off!